The Samphire Club is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Samphire Club may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 6th September 2019.
What we collect
This is information about you that you give to us by entering information via:
- our website (i.e. thesamphireclub.co.uk)
- our social media accounts, e.g. via Whatsapp, LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter
- corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise
and is provided entirely voluntarily.
We may collect the following information:
- name, company name, business sector and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preference and interests
- other information relevant to member surveys and/or offers.
The payment processors we work with are:
- Stripe - a payment gateway service provided by Stripe Inc.
- WooCommerce - the eCommerce platform for WordPress which allows users to make online payments.
In addition, and in order to ensure that each visitor to our website can use and navigate the site effectively, we collect the following:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet;
- Your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions;
- Information about your visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstreams.
The database management we use is:
- ActiveCampaign - a database management service provided by ActiveCampaign, Inc.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to operate our Website and deliver our products and services and to customise it according to your interests
- to communicate with you about the services, as well as respond to requests, including account support
- to improve our products and services
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- to contact you, from time to time, for market research purposes - we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
Any new information you provide to us may be used to update an existing record we hold for you.
If you provide a work email address we will not be responsible for third parties having access to any communications we send.
Others who may receive or have access to your personal information
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The Website is designed to secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights about how your personal information is handled
Data protection laws provide you with a number of rights as set out below:
- Right to access your personal data - You may request confirmation that we hold personal data about you, as well as access to a copy of any such data.
- Right to rectification - You may ask us to rectify any inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Right to erasure - You may ask us to delete your personal information.
- Right to restriction - You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to portability - You may request the receipt or transfer of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form.
- Right to object - You may object to our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to withdraw consent - Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time, although this won’t affect the lawfulness of any prior processing where we relied on your consent.
- Right to make a complaint - You may make a complaint about our processing of your personal data by contacting us via the contact details provided in this Policy. While we hope that we would be able to address any issues you have in respect of this processing, you may also make a complaint to the UK’s data protection regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
How long your personal data will be kept
Records need to be properly retained to enable The Samphire Club to meet its business needs, legal requirements and to evidence affairs or agreements in the event of disputes.
Under GDPR and the DPA 2018, personal data processed by The Samphire Club must not be retained for longer than is necessary for its lawful purpose.
The standard retention period for The Samphire Club records is 6 years plus current, also known as 6 years + 1. This is 6 years after the last entry in a record followed by review or destruction to be carried out in the current (+ 1) accounting year.
Records will only be retained beyond the standard retention period if their retention can be justified for statutory, regulatory, legal or security reasons.
We will keep you signed up to our newsletter until you unsubscribe.
Please direct any queries about this policy or about the way we process your personal information to:
Post: 25 Cornwall Terrace, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4HL